Friday, January 27, 2006

Back in the Saddle


I love my life... don't get me wrong. I do believe that I can get depressed, and that their is mental illness in my family. I find that it is important to remember to ask for help when I am overstressed or just plain depressed. My physician has prescribed "seratonin uptake inhibitors" to help me maintain the necessary seratonin levels in my brain. Without these, my moods and outlook on life can suffer, so can my relationships. It is hard to maintain a positive attitude at my job and at home when I find it difficult to get out of bed. As a recovering alcoholic, it is easy too, to indulge in what is called, "Stinking Thinking," A personal inventory helps me stay on track and making ammends when necessary have helped me maintain continuous sobriety for over 29 years and counting. My belief in a higher power has helped too. Without the third step of the aa program, I would be stuck in a very dark place and relying on resources that would ultimately distructive to me. Today is the first day for the rest of my life. I love my life.

No comments: