Sunday, April 11, 2010

Who has time anymore?


Yesterday I went on an 8 mile hike in the hills near Pope Valley with my friend and colleague, Harrison Hood. The day was grey and eventually turned to rain. After about four miles of dodging creeks and muddy trails, I tried to step over a sloppy pile of mud that a bunch of cattle had gone through and fell sideways. Luckily, it wasn't the usual Meadow frisbees that the cows leave, but enough to get my shoe stuck and my pants completely drenched. But hey, I am a novice and should have had the sense to bring the proper gear. The other hikers had the right boots, hiking poles and the latest goretex pants and jackets. Needless to say, I felt foolish and was pretty angry with myself. The group leader then pulled out a pair of clean socks for me to put on !! (Talk about being prepared !) Anyway, the next time I go hiking it will be with the days are warm and dry.

Today, I came to work after a couple of days off, and was prepared to face the inevitable changes and communication glitches that occur.The day goes easier when I turn petty matters over to my Higher Power, but my tendency is still to try and place blame which only serves to make matters worse for everyone.Giving tours, running cameras, printing literature, answering emails, delivering communication and directing traffic are only a few of the duties that have been placed in my per view.


No comments: