Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturdays at the CIA


Today went a lot smoother than last time we featured Saturdays at the CIA. Today I know what is expected of me, and at what time I am supposed to do whatever it is that I am supposed to do. On the main level of the budilding,The cooking demo featured Corn beef and Potato gratin. Chef Steve does a great demo, he is quite entertaining and good about answering questions from the audience (quite the showman).Sometimes we bat it back and forth during the demo just to keep each other on our game. I run the cameras and help him with the plating of the dishes. I am grateful for the fact that I still have a job and am a valued employee where I work. I still yearn for those long hikes in Bothe State Park however, in spite of the poison oak that I have acquired. My bank account these days is slowly getting whittled down to nothing, and I was not paid for the time I took off. Unfortunately, suspensions don't count as vacations.Bah !

No comments: