Monday, October 08, 2007

Something about the Beatles


Today is Monday and it usually means I sleep in because it is my day off. Today, I was awakened by the kids next door heading off to school. I recall how even on a Monday, I was alive and looking forward to what was coming that day as these kids were. I recall when the Beatles first hit the scene in 1964, I was Thirteen. They were quite foreign, but a very interesting phenomenon to behold watching the Ed Sullivan Show during those first "Live" broadcasts. My sisters liked them, but there were some girls that went absolutely bonkers for them. Beatlemania lasted well into our late teens with each album marking another stage of our development as a generation and as a culture. Today, I watched a video clip of them performing " You can't do that" on Ed Sullivan. It was quite emotional for me.

No comments: