Thursday, August 05, 2010

Plum Tuckered


Giving tours 3 times a day can be a bit draining, unless I play around and modify it each time I give one.Today I was so exhausted that I pointed to the flags in the atrium and exclaimed that they represented the many ways one should know how to prepare an egg. People looked at me like I was nuts. luckily, they had a sense of humor as well and I was quickly able to point out that the flags actually represented the major wine growing regions of the world at one time. Now that was true and far more plausible when I said it.This week I was tipped a 20 by a guy who looked and acted like he had a little too much wine. I humored him throughout the whole tour so I guess he appreciated that.Last night I sat and ate Hog Island oysters on the terrace and drank Pellgrino water at a table with five female coworkers.Ah life is good ! ( so long as I didn't have to pick up their tab !! ) Right now I am home and wondering what my next two days off will look like.

No comments: