Monday, May 23, 2016

No Excuses

It has been a couple of months since I've posted to this blog.To say I've been busy is an excuse I don't like to use.The truth is that I've been preoccupied with doing the same things over and over again, expecting different results. Crazy, huh?Anyway,Today the sun is out and the temperature is moderate.May has turned out to be a little more chilly than March, which was unseasonably warm.

I've continued pursuing beauty and creativity in my art work. Not only have the painted rocks contributed to this pursuit, but also work on the computer using Photoshop has been another vehicle for my creativity.

I recently won a poster contest at a local winery for a poster I designed.I have been awarded a private tour, tasting and luncheon for six people, along with two magnums of wine ( which by the way, won't do me much good being a tea totaler like I am. ) It will be nice to share this with some friends and family.I am looking towards the end of June to schedule this extravaganza.Below is a copy of the poster that won the award.

Incidentally, if you haven't seen this poster before, you may not be aware that it is a double image.What do you see at first glance? A guy with a glass of wine to his mouth or a figure of a woman? I've had this image etched onto a magnum of wine that fetched $2000. in the Napa Valley Wine Auction back in 1997


No comments: