Monday, April 02, 2012

Silvia’s Birthday


My neighbors are the sweetest people I know and today was Silvia’s birthday. She is the mother of Cesar, Monica and Jessica and the wife of Raphael Ayala. Today was a very pleasant early April day. No rain, but still a little on the cool side. Whenever I hear a knock on my apartment door, it is usually the Ayalas or the Jehovah’s Witnesses. It is rare that anyone comes by to visit. Tonight however, it was Raphael presenting me with a wonderful plate of food which included two tacos, rice, beans and vegetables. The tacos were fantastic. One chicken and one carne asada. After finishing those up, I went downstairs to celebrate with the rest of the family. Lucky me, because cake and Ice cream were on the menu after everyone joined in singing Silvia the Happy Birthday song. The kids are a little shy, but you would hardly know it with all the soccer games banging off the building walls during the day. Everytime Cesar scores a goal he shouts a long winded “ GOOOOOOAAAAAAL ! “ just like they do during the televised games." He is also a Giant’s Fan. He hopes someday to attend a Giant’s game in San Francisco at ATT park. All in all, this is a great place to live.



No comments: