Sunday, August 07, 2011

The return of Television

“”id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5638333725171872850"

The above picture was taken at my niece Marian’s house after we arrived there for the Grand Fallon over a week ago. Since that time, I have been on the computer and rearranging furniture since I’ve been back in Calistoga.That trip was just what I needed to realize what I’ve been needing more of in my life.

I swung a deal with Comcast on Friday and got a reduced rate on my internet connection along with Cable TV after signing a two year contract. Oh joy! As if I don’t enough information flowing through my brain these days.I moved my computer from my bedroom to the living room and put my TV in the bedroom so that I don’t have to run a coaxial cable all the way from the bedroom to the living room. I don’t want to pay extra to have the Comcast guy come out and install another cable. I have an Airport Extreme network on all 3 of my Apple computers so I am fine sitting on the futon typing away without tripping over wires and such.

Now with the local stations back, I will be able to understand references to commercials, shows and other things that have made me feel “ out of the loop “ for around ten years now. It’s funny, when I had a TV I thought that everyone else in my social circles had a TV. Today I know that in many households, TV and Computers are not only optional… but avoided unless absolutely necessary. I think that this is a good thing.The video of Marian on her computer below made me think about how tethered I have been to the whole digital world,

No comments: