Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Season Missed



This winter has been unusual. For the first time in a long time I am a bit anxious to see what the future will bring. The weather has been generous and mostly moderate up until now.The rest of the country has been buried in snow, Napa has experienced what might be considered an El Nina year. Santa Ana winds blew up from the south keeping a wonderful high pressure system in tact up until a few weeks ago. The high pressure system that hung out in February eventually dissipated, and these past few weeks have brought in a steady stream of delayed winter storms. March came in like a lion, and is going out the same way.

I didn't intend for this to turn into a weather report, but I started writing this blog weeks ago and things just flow. I wanted to write about the security I felt when working a full time job last Fall, and now I am concerned if I will ever be working a full-time job again. God is my strength, and I am relying on God to keep me safe and secure as I enter these first few months of my 60th year..Job or no job.

I've stayed busy checking the job posts on Craigs List, and submit resumes and cover letters with a degree of hope.Other than this, I paint and draw to keep from dwelling on the negative.The evenings have been filled with AA meetings and fellowship.My diet has been restricted now that I no longer enjoy the bountiful benefit of eating my lunches at the CIA. Losing that job has hurt more though, because of the friends I no longer get to see every day. Winter has officially ended, and the tourist season gets going again after Mother’s day, and continues right on through till Halloween. I will miss all the action at the Concierge Desk. ( Oh well. )

This past year has been one of disasters, both personally and "naturally". A large quake and Tsunami hit Japan and many other parts of the globe have been affected. Nuclear reactors have been spilling toxic fumes and radiation into the environment.War is continuing to sweep the Middle east, and financial markets have suffered worldwide due to a seemingly endless oil crisis that has caused rampant inflation.Who knew that this is where we were headed? Many fear that the world is on the brink of collapse.

This is only part of the story. More is being revealed to us on a daily basis.

No comments: