Monday, January 24, 2011

Stags Leap


Today a group of us went on a hike to the top of the mountain range on the east side of the Napa Valley, known as the Vacas. We entered near Napa County's fish and game preserve and began walking east, straight up an incline that lead us to a fairly unmarked trail. It was a beautiful day with lots of sunshine. The temperature was unseasonably warm for January. I think it got up in the 70's. Harrison Hood and a fellow named Carter were our leaders. Everyone seemed to have just the right amount of gear to navigate this difficult trek... except me. I had a fanny pack, some chapstick, trail mix,water bottle a baseball cap and some decent socks to wear. Other than the bare bones basics I guess you could say. Thankfully, others had some sun block and extra snacks to tide me over.My shoes were comfortable but not meant for long hikes on rocky trails.Luckily, I did not suffer any blisters upon my return. The view at the top was phenomenal as this video will attest.


No comments: