Sunday, January 30, 2011

An Impulse Buy, but then...


Yesterday I returned from S.F. for the second time in two days. I went to MacWorld on Thursday, which is something I like to do annually. While there, I perused all of the expo floor and talked with many vendors about their new gadgets, software and peripherals.I recall being intrigued by a microprojector which you could hook up to your iPhone4 to see movies projected up to 7 feet in perfect resolution against a blank wall. I found it especially fascinating because you could also use it as a portable "still" projector and with special software you could project images onto a surface that could easily be traced using a pencil. I stood and watched the demo presentation over and over and asked many questions until all that was left was my desire to have the thing for myself.The presenter could tell I was chomping at the bit. I plunked down the plastic and after taxes it came to almost four bills. I wandered around to see the rest of the show, but already was feeling a bit anxious. Upon returning to Calistoga I immediately unboxed this jewel of gadgetry and began testing it out. If I were a rich man, this purchase would not phase me one iota. I decided to sleep on it. The next morning I awoke and this was the first and only thing on my mind. I called my friend Leo to come over and check it out before I returned to MacWorld to try and get my money back. The good news is that I was able to return it and get a full refund. Now I have the money I will need to purchase groceries. Food, Shelter and Clothing. These things come first .


No comments: