Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween


Today began with mass at O.L.P.H. ( Our Lady of Perpetual Help ) Where Fr. Manny told the same dumb tequilla jokes during his sermon and the two bellowing babies in the back made his homily all the more very difficult to hear. During the prayers of the faithful I submitted that we pray for the Giants to win the pennant, which got a good laugh. I'm glad it cheered everyone up. After mass, I went back home and spent the day painting more "Spirit Rocks" like the ones you see above. This is my latest creative/ crafty pursuit.Yes, they are painted with metallic and glow-in-the-dark paint.They dry real easily and are fun to make. I let some of the neighborhood kids pick one out to take along with a handful of Snickers bars when they came by my apartment trick or treating. They are such great kids around here.I heard that their was a parade downtown where the whole community gets to take pictures and gawk at all the interesting costumes, but I opted to just hang out at home.

No comments: