Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Trying to make sense of it all...


Today is another cloudy day with possibility of showers. It is late May and the temperature has not gotten above 60 in the last three days. Coming to work, I am greeted by two tourists at 9:30 AM who are insisting on making sure that their reservation has been made for 1:15 PM in the restaurant. After booting up my computer I see that they indeed have a reservation. Next question... " Is your store open to the public ? " Uh, yes it is. What time does your restaurant open? It opens at 11:15 AM. What time does your store open? It opens at 10:00 AM. "We drove all the way to see this place. Do your students prepare a balanced lunch in the kitchen? Uh, yes they do. At this point I am ready to say something that could get me in a heap of trouble,so I swallow my pride and smile. Momma told me there would be days like this.


I just realized that the picture above is very telling after the continuing news about the Oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico. This saddens me greatly, and I pray that there is a way to plug it and clean it up after so many days of spillage.

No comments: