Saturday, May 08, 2010

Rise and Shine


Cockadoodledoo ! We celebrated mother's day on Saturday at my nephew Edward's house today in Napa. My friend Veda drove up from Fairfax to join in and meet the wonderful group of people that is my family. It was a pot luck, and because I don't particularly like to cook I bought a box of See's chocolates and some lollipops as the dessert. I was really impressed with the way Edward and Antonella take such good care of their guests. Edward made some bratwurst that was included some caramelized onions that were prepared in beer. He cooked some separately just for me because he is considerate of the fact that I am an alcoholic in recovery. Veda seemed to enjoy meeting the whole gang and everyone was very kind to her and made her feel at home. Most of her family lives near Sacramento, and she recently lost a brother, so I think it was just enough of family that she could take at this time.I realize after we left around 5:30PM just how much I appreciate what my family has done for me over the years. If it weren't for my brother in law Ernie, an0d my sister Martha, I don't know how I would have made it through the 80's living in San Francisco. The same goes for my brother in law, Hamish and my sister, Rita. It is gatherings like this that makes me want to stop and count my blessings.


No comments: