Thursday, June 04, 2009

Opening Day!


This is a picture of Dianne Martinez who is the Vice-President of the Calistoga Community Pool Project. She is also the landscaper/gardener at the Culinary Institute of America where I work. Today I took the day off to attend the ribbon cutting of the new pool(s) that were constructed for the families and Community of Calistoga. Being that I was the first place winner in the logo design contest, I received special recognition and several pool passes along with some swimming lessons thrown in! I was introduced by the mayor of Calistoga, Mr. Jack Gingles and received applause, as I went up to stand next to the committee that was responsible for bringing the project to fruition. Everyone there was thrilled to see this long time dream of local visionary Sylvia Scott come to life. The pools are absolutely gorgeous and I plan to take movies/pictures throughout the summer when I visit this place with my family and friends. This is going to be a great summer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is such a great accomplishement, never give up..that's what it tells me...love to you