Thursday, September 25, 2008

Summer's End


Actually, it ended a few days ago but I am feeling like writing about it now. The highlight of my summer was the trip to L.A. to the Disney Studios which lasted all of twenty minutes after having driven six hundred miles. Today is the beginning of the "Healthy Kitchens, Healthy Lives" conference and I am still trying to find a way to get my chef's toques out there. Last week I was given a clean bill of health by the heart doctor who let me know after a surgical procedure that my heart was not blocked and that I just had high cholesterol. Now I just have to remember to take an aspirin every day along with a statin pill. I should exercise more, but my right foot and ankle suffers from neuropathy. I can walk okay, but after being on my feet for a while it can really hurt. Enough about my aches and pains. I am looking forward to quieter times as Fall approaches and the economy slumps. This should be a very creative period for me.

No comments: