Saturday, November 24, 2007

Dreading Winter


Right around the middle or late August, I start to think about the upcoming winter and how I am going to prepare for it. My car is on it's last legs and my only means of transport other than the local bus service and my bicycle is my motorscooter. So, when it rains, I take my car to work. Getting wet and cold is not my idea of a good time. I don't have the heat turned on in my apartment because of the cost. I have 2 down comforters on my bed to stay warm at night. I wear a knit cap to keep the heat from escaping my head at night. I purchased 2 pairs of long johns for the winter to keep my legs warm while driving my scooter on sunny days.So-d you get the ideathat when it comes to getting through the winter here,an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.My former girlfriend would tell me that it isn't the cold that causes flu symptoms and congestion.It's that the weather will predispose us to germs and infection. Go figure. I have been trying to ward off the stress that these winter months bring. Gee, I can hardly wait until daylight savings time !

No comments: