Sunday, May 13, 2007

Settling in...staying happy


Some would say that it is not a good idea to get too comfortable with your situation, whatever it is... because everything is subject to change.I recall how uneasy I was when I went away to boarding school in the sixth grade.It was only after three years did i actually feel safer and better known. In the meantime, I was too busy kissing up to the Christian Brothers, so that I wouldn't get yelled at; Or worse, swatted on the bottom with a two by four. I have been here at Greystone almost four and a half years, and I times it seems like the other shoe is about to drop. Is it a good idea to remain a little bit "paranoid" ? Today is Mother's day, and it went exceedingly well for myself and my co-workers. The cooking demo went without a hitch and everyone was pleased with the results of the Steam-Roasted Pork w/Ginger Miso and steamed asparagus w/sesame dressing that I was suprised at how well it was received. This month is Asian cuisine month. Next month we will be featuring Spain.Okay, now it is the following Wednesday, and it is around 4PM in the afternoon. The board of directors is here, so everyone is "high tone". I guess that means we get a raise if we happen to please somone walking by...

No comments: