Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Haircut day

Watch the video
Occasionally, I will cut my own hair. For some, this can be quite a traumatic experience. I recall giving myself my first haircut at the age of six. Since that time, I generally have gone to have a barber or stylist do the job. Last year, I purchased a set of clippers just to keep my hair trimmed. Since then I have taken it upon myself to cut my own hair. Given that the kit comes with three levels of trimmers, I stick to the tallest comb attachment so as to begin conservatively cutting the sides and back of my head. This procedure is a different approach than the "mangey-dog look " I gave myself as a six year old. Sometimes, I will take a piece of scotch tape and put it across the back of my neck to get a straight line to keep the look even as i trim along the back. The only downside to this whole exercise is that the hair particles end up everywhere except in the sink or toilet where I end up depositing all of the excess. Most of all, they end up down the back of my neck, and if I am wearing a t- shirt, I will have to take it off and toss it in the laundry. Otherwise, I turn into a thirteenth-century, penitent monk. I think you get my drift. ...Less

No comments: