Monday, April 03, 2006

Significant Day


Today is Apple Computer's thirtieth birthday and the rains have been going on now for weeks. It has been the wetest March on record.I have been using Apple computer's since 1995. I purchased my first computer in 1998. Since that time i have been part of the the whole tech revelution. I started out learning how to use a word processor and luckily, since i was going to Santa Rosa Junior College I was able to get an e-mail account and learn different programs like Photoshop, Illustrator and the like. My first program was Mavis Beacon's typing program. From there I learned how to use Adobe Pagemaker, Aldus Super Paint, Macromedia Freehand and how to use a scanner. Everything was just catching fire then. My teachers were Barbara Sikora, Max Hein,Michael McGinnis,Barbara Harris,Carmen Sheldon and Cyndi Reese ( who made working on the computer most interesting to me ). Today, with fried retinas and nimble fingers I can honestly say that I have entered the digital age with aplomb and have not looked back.

No comments: