Thursday, December 15, 2005

My 55th Birthday


Well today I reached a speed limit of sorts in terms of the number of years I have gained here on earth. I celebrated at the CIA's Wine Spectator Restaurant with my family and a my friend Reid. There were nephews, nieces, brother-in-laws and babies. Hamish, Rita, Martha, Ernie, Terry, Camille, Ian, Mary-Kay, Antonella and her mom, Edward, Reid and of course little Maisy. She was warm and comfortable throughout dinner and did not make a peep. Camille entertained herself by crawling under the table exploring. Dinner was great. We had the temptations which included Foix Graux (sp?) Acorn Squash soup, Olive Tapanade, and then came the first courses. I had Spinach Risotto and Trout, Rita had a Hangar Steak, Martha had Scallops and Reid had some sort of Chicken Dish. The food was fantastic and so were the desserts which include Creme Brulee and a Hot Chocolate Lava cake with Grand Manier Cream. We had a delightful evening and It was great seeing everyone. Plans have been made to meet at Martha's for a White Elephant Christmas on the 26th.

No comments: