Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Summer Flies by

Wow! You blink and it's gone. I see that my last post was back in June and so much has happened from that period until now. Fires, fires, and more fires. Naturally, the news media, fake or otherwise, has provided more than we ever need to know about Trump, Global warming, and the Kardashians. Today the temperatures have dropped a bit and Fall is definitely in the air. Tonight I'll be attending a drumming circle with some friends at a house in St. Helena. The full moon was last Sunday, but there should still be plenty of light available before the coastal breezes and fog come rolling up over the Mayacamas.

Truth be told, my summer has been rather uneventful, except say for my sister's 50th wedding anniversary. That was really a great occasion. My nephew arranged the whole affair and went so far as to rent out a nice building in Napa next to a golf course. The extended family came from as far away as Washington State. Although I didn't stay long, the day has proved to be the highlight of my summer.

Around 3PM that afternoon I took my grandnephew to see the Steve Miller Band and Peter Frampton play at the Concord Pavillion. We got there early enough to beat the traffic, but not the heat. It turned out to be a fantastic show and Liam enjoyed it immensely. Peter Frampton opened and played a set that included all his covers. Steve Miller followed with Frampton jamming with him later in the show. Liam could appreciate it from a guitarist point of view. He has been playing the guitar for quite a while now and it has become his new passion. By the end of his first concert he was walking on clouds ( not to mention all the weed that was floating around in the air). Liam is at an age where he needs a lot of male guidance and support, not to be blindly exposed to all the worldly temptations. I just hope that the kid meets others like himself so he doesn't spend too much time alone. The show ended around midnight and we were back at his hotel around one.

Today I am back to painting rocks and getting ready for the weekend markets.What the heck, it keeps a roof over my head and food in my belly.


No comments: