Wednesday, September 06, 2017

No cause for the blues.

I'm listening to The Paul Butterfield Blues Band, which has been an acquired taste over the years. I first heard them back in College and was surprised to hear that many of these Chicago Blues men went on to play with many of my favorite musicians in and around the Bay Area. Today I understand Blues as being a style, a way of life for some and perhaps an attitude for others. It does not have to mean something depressive though. This rich creative tradition has been born out of tough times...and we have all had tough times.The trouble is that it is easy to get stuck there.As the saying goes, "If you don't dig the blues, you better check your shoes, you might have a hole in your sole."Why there is a pack of smiling dogs beneath this post, I haven't a clue. But hey, dogs live the blues.

No comments: