Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Day After

Christmas was pretty much a wash this year. The weather was miserable and their were numerous road closures and flooding.I stayed put and went to mass early on in the day and spent the rest of the time Skyping or calling my family.

The 26th was a better story. I drove into S.F. around noon and stopped in the Castro to see if my Sister's store was open ( it wasn't ). Supplies are needed at this point for my painted rock business and this store has them.After feeding a parking meter a buck -fifty, I ended up in a bagel shop having a Jalapeno bagel with cream cheese and lox ( yum ).

Then I drove up the hill to my Sister's house where most of the family was to meet to celebrate my grandniece's fifth birthday.The only person there at the time was my brother-in-law Ernie, who was busy preparing some Sweet and Sour pork for dinner that evening. Right around three, the rest of the crew showed up. My niece and her son, Liam came in from Hawaii. My other niece Marian, along with her husband Colby and their kids, Balin and Cooper were present. Then their were the other cousins which included Camille,Mila,Mico,Jack and Maisy were there after having been ice skating at the Yerba Buena Center with the parents of these little people; Namely Ian, Edward, Mary Kay, Antonella,Colby and Marian. The elders were Martha,Ernie,Hamish,Rita and myself.

Just for the record,we were all treated well and Cooper was very pleased with many of the gifts she received.

No comments: