Thursday, November 22, 2012

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

My apartment is filled with the fragrance of the stinking rose. I have put one large potato in my sauce pan while I mash the other. I have to do this one step at a time because I only have one pan deep enough for the potato. It's fine. This is how I work. Then when ready, I mash it up and add the dill pickle juice, apple cider vinegar, pepper, mayo and salt. Later, I will mash in the garlic to put it over the top. YUM !

I have become known for my garlic mashed potatoes, Especially during the holidays. It is my signature dish if you will. Today is Thanksgiving and I was going to celebrate it with my nephew Ian and the rest of my family at his house in Oakland. As it turns out, I won't be attending because my friend Veda who was also invited is now living in Sacramento with her sister.The drive would just be too long. I love my family and I wish them well, but I have to look after myself in these matters.

My nephew will be moving to Seattle soon and I hope that I will be able to see him before the big move.I am certain that he has friends there, because that is where he attended college. Seattle is fairly close to my other sister who lives in Portland, and a niece who is also living in Oregon.It will be a good move for him and his family and now I have another reason to head north during the summer.

As for now, I have made the potatoes and will sit here an eat them myself if no one else does.

No comments: