Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Green Thang


Today is St. Patty's day and I have passed out quite a few "Shamrocks" to my friends here. I am wearing a green sweater just in case someone gets the idea of pinching me. Hmmm... maybe that's not such a bad thing depending on who is doing it. But Hey, I ain't no Blarney Stone, so don't get any ideas about slobbering your wet lips all over my face.Nuff said.

The picture above is my interpretation of "Devil's Well Falls" from the Archer Taylor Reserve. Its a pretty muddy watercolor that I tweaked just enough to make presentable here on my blog. Some landscapes just don't have the same "feel" If you know what I mean. Comparing this work to the one I did of "Russian Gulch" is like night and day. I had a lot of interest in doing that one for sure.This one was a chore.

Lately, I have been having trouble staying motivated to do my art projects. I don't know why specifically, but it usually blows over in a day or two.Inspiration moves quickly. Like the saying, " Easy come,easy go" that is how it is for me.

Right now, there are a group of Mexican Stone Masons who are building a fountain area and patio next door at the Golden Haven Spa. I hear the "tink, tink, tink" of chisels and stone cutting equipment all day long. It is making me feel challenged to create something long lasting and relevant. This is what they have been doing...



No comments: