Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mac World 08'


Yesterday, I drove to San Francisco after an appointment with my dentist, Dr. Young. It looks like I am going to have to get a crown replaced, so I opted for gold. After my appointment, I drove south and ended up parking up near my sister's house on 21st street in the City.I brought my camera and sunglasses,as it was a nice day and Mac World is always good for some impromptu shots. The registration line took an inordinate amount of time to get through. Even though I had pre-registered,they couldn't locate my priority code, so I had to fork over 5 more bucks. Last year was $20.- for an exhibits only pass. This year I paid $45.- (( what a rip ! )) The exhibits were so-so, and I've gotten more out of Mac Worlds in the past than I did this one. The highlight for me was finding a VGA adapter for my MacBook (which I got at the Mac Store... not the Moscone Center where the Conference was held ) and finding foam earplugs for my Etymotic earplugs.I think this will be the last year I will attend, unless something extraordinary beckons me to return.Today is the "Worlds of Healthy Flavors" Conference at the Culinary Institute of America. It is busy and I hardly have had time to type this blog.I didn't sleep well last night. My scooter didn't start this morning, and my mechanic doesn't have the new parts I need to service it. This is not a good sign.I will have to pray more about getting really happy where i am in the moment.

No comments: