Saturday, September 15, 2007

Time gone by


Wow! it is already the middle of September, and I haven't updated this blog ! Well, part of the reason is that my mind has been on other things. After a short vacation ( one week ) I had a little extra cash saved up, so I put in and order for an Apple Itouch. It looks just like a new Iphone only it doesn't have a camera or a phone (neither which are something I need). This device reminds me that a few years ago of an incident.I was stranded waiting for triple "A" to show up after my car spun out on a turn in the rain. I was stuck in the mud there, and practically every third car to drive by, stopped to lend assitance. The driver would walk up to my window and say, " Do you want me to call a tow truck?" I have my cell right here ! I must say that it warms the cockles of my heart to know that there are so many good Samaritans out there with cell phones... but I only needed one call to triple "A". Now keep in mind that this was at a time when just a few had cell phones. Not having one, I didn't particulary think that I would need one then. I still don't, and yet there is one in the back of my motorscooter for emergencies like that. I also have an answering machine, several Ipods, three computers, a DSL connection,two digital cameras, three ipods and I don't think i really need any of this stuff. It is just fun to have ( My idea of fun has changed over the years). I just recently got rid of three Apple computers, a scanner, two Epson printers, an electronic drawing pad, a Zip drive , a Jazz drive , two external hard drives, a CD burner and an several computer speakers.

Now I no longer have a Floppy Drive, and somehow that worries me !

No comments: