Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Reflective Thursday


Today I got up and went to work. I forgot that I had arranged to take the day off to go to a memorial service for Sister Clare Wagstaffe. She was the aunt of my co-worker, Eileen Wagstaffe, and if she was anything like Eileen, she was a beautiful soul.Once I got to work I realized where I should be and clocked out. From there I went to St. Mary's College in Moraga for the memorial mass.Sr. Clare was made an affiliated member of the Christian Brother's Teaching Order and will be buried at Mt. La Salle. Once I left the chapel after mass I met up with Eileen and walked with her for awhile, just to reflect on the beauty and strength this person had contributed to Eileen's life.I didn't want to go to the reception not for any other reason than I didn't think I wanted to chat with Brother Mel or some of the other brothers. I don't really no why... so I took off for Napa. On the way back,I listened to The Dr. Dean Edell show on KGO and he was talking about Prostate Cancer in men. I realized that I was now 56 and had never had an exam.This is something that concerns me because cancer has occurred more than twice in my family.So, I immediately made a left turn and drove to my physician's office to be checked out. Luckily, I was taken in a given a referral for an appointment on Monday.I will keep you posted.

No comments: