Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy 2007 !


Just like an old fuddy duddy, I went to bed early and woke up around midnight to the sound of my Mexican neighbors honking their car horns, blowing off fire-crackers and pumping up the mariachi music full blast. Needless to say, I got up and put on my earphones and sat at the computer. I figured out that i could call my sister in Australia and that it would only be around 8pm where she was. We eventually got hooked up on "Skype" and did our best to work out the audio/video bugs so that we could chat anytime we felt like it. I don't make any new year's resolutions because my will power has always translated into won't power, and that is too much of a perfectionist set up for me. The good news is that I haven't found it necessary to take any drink or mind altering substance for almost 30 years. Actually, my sobriety date is March 13th, 1977 so that is the date that I will thank my fellowship and higher power.This year should be a good one, God willing.

No comments: