Thursday, September 15, 2005

Thursday's Muse


Meet Marvin. This wonderful image was created by Alex Murawski and was found in the book, " Dynamic Black & White Illustration." One Hundered years of Line Art from 1900 to 2000 by Leslie Cabarga. It feels like I knew this guy. Like maybe he was a former mob boss from the local union, or perhaps a bouncer at a club downtown. I would not want to meet this guy in a dark alley after midnight that is for sure.His gaze tells me that he does not believe my bullshit. He will take a pair of pliars and crush my fingertips until he gets what he wants. Perhaps he heard that I slept with his daughter... whatever. I don't want to cross paths with this guy. At bocce ball tournaments, he sits on the bench with his arms crossed watching every move and usually makes comments in a deep baritone from years of smoking White Owls and Juan Coronas. Nuff said.

No comments: